Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't forget the plot...


Ever have it where someone says something that strikes a little too close to home? That has been happening to me quite often in the last few months about the same topic...my attitude. I know that I have been negative lately (ok, for a few years...) when I have so much to be grateful for. I know that if I notice that my attitude sucks, other people around me noticed it WELL before I did.



Yesterday at church, the series on Phillipians and why the best letters come from prison continued. Rob Bell spoke about Phillipians 2, verse 14-16.



Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life — in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.


Well, that caught my attention, because lately I don't do anything without grumbling or complaining. Anyone else have that, where the grass ALWAYS looks greener on the other side and nothing goes your way? The message was incredibly compelling to me and I need to go deeper. On that note, my posts this week will be breaking down the reasons why we, as a human nature, grumble and complain. I need to fix the root problem to my not so sunny disposition...




Tomorrow: Gongysmos




Want to hear the service?

No comments: