Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kiva

I saw a link on another blog that I read about Kiva. Basically, Kiva is where you can make a micro loan of $25.00 to poverty stricken people in other countries. These loans are paid back in 6-12 months and you get email journals showing you what your loan is doing as well as track payments.

I am so overwhelmed by the billions and billions of dollars we are using to bailout already wealthy people in our country. I don't feel bad for the bankers and auto execs who have million dollar homes and super expensive cars. For too long, their greed has led their companies to this point. I do feel bad for the workers who may loose their jobs to this greed.

It just feels good knowing that $25 of my dollars could totally change a persons life. $25 here wouldn't make a dent for anyone. Plus, even our poorest are wealthy compared to the rest of the world. So, for less than the cost of a dinner at Outback, I will be searching for an entrepreneur to loan to. I will post back with who I choose...

No comments: