Saturday, December 6, 2008

What in the world was I thinking?


Mike has been working between 65 to 70 hours a week lately. I love it and hate it simultaneously. I love it because the money is way better than when he was working 30 hours per week. not to mention the fact that, in this economy, he has a job at all. I hate it because he is never around and i have to do a lot of things myself that I prefer not to do alone... or at all.

Things I will never do alone again...major Christmas shopping at the mall with Tyler and a ton of snow. Did I mention that my parking spot was really far out and I had to make trips to the car and back with purchases? As a reminder to myself to be grateful, with Mike working so much, I could make the purchases without worries, but still....not fun. At all.

Things I don't want to do at all...shovel the drive way. I almost impulse purchased a snow blower even though it isn't in the budget. I wish we had a neighbor kid who would shovel for $5 or $10...I would totally help him earn some money. Just as I was typing this, 3 boys walked by with shovels and SKIPPED my house. That is bad for business boys, bad for business.

Tonight we were going to put up our Christmas tree because we had plans for tomorrow. I refuse to wait any longer in december to get my house festive...this weather is just too gloomy without some holiday cheer at home. Those plans were just canceled and I called mike to let him know. We were both on the same page. We are ordering pizza and watching whatever movie blockbuster mailed to us this week. Now...I should go clean, but we shall see.


No comments: